Product Launch - FRANCE: Haussmann Famille's Rouge Sucette
Click through to view an image of Rouge Sucette
Hausmann Famille's Rouge Sucette
Category - Wine, red, cola-flavoured, 9% abv
Available - From this month
Location - France, off-trade
Price - EUR2.95 (US$3.94) per bottle
Distribution - Haussmann Famille
Haussmann Famille, part of French wine house Chateaux En Bordeaux, has launched what it claims is the world's first cola-flavoured wine - Rouge Sucette.
The 9% abv product, which is 75% grapes and 25% water/aromas, is being distributed to hypermarkets throughout France. Rouge Sucette has been unveiled at wine trade show Vinexpo, taking place this week in Bordeaux, France.
Speaking to just-drinks at Vinexpo today (18 June), Pauline Lacombe, marketing director for Hausmann Famille, said the drink, which translated into English means 'red lollipop', is aimed at younger drinkers and women. "We did a lot of taste tests and we think it could work for the 'Coke generation'," she said.
Lacombe said it is hoped Rouge Sucette can introduce young people to wine, who will then move on to other more sophisticated varieties.
"We've had people from around the world taste it here (at Vinexpo) and there's a lot of interest from Asia, so let's see".
It is understood that the wine is also "in taste tests" with UK supermarket Sainsbury's.
"Even if you are into wine, I think you can appreciate it," Lacombe added.
Haussmann Famille also launched a passion fruit-flavoured rose and white wine two months ago.
UPDATE (16 July): Since the publication of this story, Sainsbury's has contacted just-drinks and provided the following statement: “Sainsbury’s has no plans to stock this product.”
Plimsoll Publishing’s CARBONATED BEVERAGE PRODUCTION (China) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the CARBONATED BEVERAGE PRODUCTION (China) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis...
The Coca-Cola Company is the largest beverage company in the world, mainly operating in carbonates, fruit juices, fruit drinks, bottled water, sports and energy drinks, RTD tea and RTD coffee, milk- a...
The report is a result of a thorough analysis of consumer trends, packaging manufacturing trends and packaging innovation within the US consumer packaged goods market. The report provides both qualita...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research