US: Hat Trick launches rock band tie-up
Hat Trick Beverage has teamed up with a rock band to launch a functional beverage designed to prevent hangovers.
Martian Colony Atomic Cocktail, the first of Hat Trick's upcoming 'Signature Series' of products, will begin production tomorrow, the California-based company said today (16 August). Indie band Martian Colony released their debut album earlier this year and are scheduled to tour in the autumn.
The drink is a kiwi-flavoured beverage, which contains an anti-hangover enzyme. Hat Trick is hoping that the cocktail will perform well as a mixer in the on-trade while providing opportunities in the functional beverage market.
In addition to the cross-merchandising opportunities presented by the relationship with the band, Hat Trick said that it has also devised a package incorporating a glow-in-the-dark label.
"We are totally psyched about the release of our new drink," said Martian Colony band member Steve Amend.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets