US: Hat Trick launches rock band tie-up
Hat Trick Beverage has teamed up with a rock band to launch a functional beverage designed to prevent hangovers.
Martian Colony Atomic Cocktail, the first of Hat Trick's upcoming 'Signature Series' of products, will begin production tomorrow, the California-based company said today (16 August). Indie band Martian Colony released their debut album earlier this year and are scheduled to tour in the autumn.
The drink is a kiwi-flavoured beverage, which contains an anti-hangover enzyme. Hat Trick is hoping that the cocktail will perform well as a mixer in the on-trade while providing opportunities in the functional beverage market.
In addition to the cross-merchandising opportunities presented by the relationship with the band, Hat Trick said that it has also devised a package incorporating a glow-in-the-dark label.
"We are totally psyched about the release of our new drink," said Martian Colony band member Steve Amend.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down