UK: Harviestoun Brewery installs new MD
Harviestoun is based in Alva
Small-batch brewer Harviestoun has promoted its director of sales to the role of MD after the sudden departure of its current chief.
Toby Knowles, who was appointed to the MD post yesterday (5 May), took over from Chris Miller. Asked why Miller had left the company, a spokesperson for the Scotland-based brewer told just-drinks: “No comment.”
Miller, MD since April 2008, could not be reached for comment.
Knowles, who joined Harviestoun two years ago as director of sales, said: “There’s never been a more exciting time to take on this challenge. I am looking forward to placing a stronger focus on building brand equity and carving out a place for us in the premium drinks category.”
Chris Seabrook, a former Carlsberg employee, will assume the vacant director of sales position on 19 May, Harviestoun said.
In March, Alva-based Harviestoun launched a new whisky-barrel-aged beer, Orach Slie.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages