FINLAND: Hartwall Q1 up and plans $50m for Ukraine
Finnish brewer Hartwall announced its first quarter results today, which saw the company achieve a 72% rise in profits before extraordinary items to €23.1m (US$21.1m) on sales up 41% to €196m. The results were driven by growth in Eastern Europe and the company reiterated that 2002 would see growth over last year, despite said a projected slowdown in Eastern Europe. Russia and the Ukraine would remain strong markets, Hartwell said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director