FINLAND: Hartwall Q1 up and plans $50m for Ukraine
Finnish brewer Hartwall announced its first quarter results today, which saw the company achieve a 72% rise in profits before extraordinary items to €23.1m (US$21.1m) on sales up 41% to €196m. The results were driven by growth in Eastern Europe and the company reiterated that 2002 would see growth over last year, despite said a projected slowdown in Eastern Europe. Russia and the Ukraine would remain strong markets, Hartwell said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Belvedere unveils executive team