FINLAND: Hartwall buoyed by BBH success
"The outlook for the consolidated business remains very positive. Net sales and operating profit are estimated to continue their strong growth in the future," Hartwall said in a statement.
Profit before extraordinary items leapt 23% to €79.3m (US$76.92m), compared to the same period last year. Net sales jumped by a third to €484m.
A key driver in the company’s success was its joint venture in Russia with Carlsberg, Baltic Beverage Holdings (BBH), which made up 66% of Hartwell’s sales and 88% of profits. Hartwall said its share of BBH's net sales in the first half doubled on the year ago period to €321m. It said its share of BBH's operating profit surged 44% year-on-year to €77.8m.
BBH‘s results contrasted with Hartwall's domestic performance. The Finnish operations saw sales growth of 8.5% percent to €164m, with operating profit sinking to €10.5m due to investments in streamlining facilities.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg said today that their Eastern European joint venture Baltic Beverage Holdings had seen sales volumes lift 14% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same ...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends