SWEDEN: Hartwall appoints new Swedish distributor
Hartwell has completed the change of its distributor in Sweden ordered by the Finnish and Swedish competition authorities.
Oyj Hartwall announced today that it had appointed the Swedish brewery AB Abro Bryggeri as the new distributor of Hartwall's Lapin Kulta beer in Sweden. The deal covers the importation, distribution, sales and operational marketing of Lapin Kulta beer in Sweden, the country's leading imported beer.
"Hartwall changed its (Swedish) importer at the behest of the Finnish and Swedish competition authorities when the Carlsberg Breweries brewing company was formed. Among the requirements set by the competition authorities was that the distribution agreement for Lapin Kulta beer in Sweden had to be separated out from the operations of Hartwall's main competitor, Carlsberg Breweries," Hartwall said in a statement.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
The California Assembly Governmental Organization Committee has passed legislation that would ban the controversial "alcohol without liquid" (AWOL) device, which allows consumers to inhale alcohol by ...
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets