UK: Hardys unveils new wines, new look
Hardys is unveiling two new wines and a new look for its brand.
In a bid to highlight the "tradition, regional credentials and progressive attitude" of the brand, Hardys has embarked on a new marketing campaign for its wines.
"Hardys has been built on a tradition of winemaking innovation and determination, and our new focus and new wines demonstrate this continued pursuit of regional exploration," said Bill Hardy, great great grandson of the founder.
Newly appointed Hardys winemaker, Paul Lapsley, outlined two new wine ranges that will be available over the coming months.
"These wines build on the great blending tradition of Hardys, both varietal and regional blending, and are inspired by the enduring wines created by the Hardys winemakers in the 40s, 50s and 60s," he said.
This latest campaign follows on from Constellation Europe's March investment of GBP12m (US$23.9m) behind Hardys, to encompass TV advertising and a number of sponsorship deals in the UK.
Constellation Brands posted a 30% drop in third-quarter net income this week and lowered its profit outlook, hit by the effects of the global downturn on its major markets. Michelle Russell assesses r...
Not surprisingly perhaps it is the effects of the global economic downturn that have dominated the wine pages of just-drinks over the past year. Richard Woodard reviews a difficult year for the intern...
Australian wine exports fell in value for the first time in 15 years in 2008, official figures show, underlining the challenge facing the industry....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Majestic Wine has reported a 3% slip in sales in the last ten weeks, indicating a difficult Christmas trading period for wine retailers....
Constellation Brands' main focus for 2009 will be reducing debt and reorganising its business, but the wine giant declined to rule out acquisitions should an opportunity arise....
Constellation Brands has posted a 30% plunge in reported net profit for its third quarter, as sales in Europe struggled....
Constellation Europe has announced senior management changes to its wine, spirits and cider divisions as part of a major restructuring plan....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research