AUS: Hardy unveils all-in-one wine packaging
Hardy Wine Company has unveiled what it claims to be the world's first all-in-one wine packaging.
The Australian wine group said today (11 December) that the 'Shuttle' will be launched nationally. The 187ml, single-serve acrylic wine bottle is sealed by its own acrylic wine glass and is tamper-proof, the company says.
"Hardy Wine Company has carved an international reputation as a leader in innovation and development - and the 'Shuttle' is another example of that excellence," said Hardy's global marketing manager, Miriam Leenders. "We have been extremely satisfied by the 'Shuttle's' instant appeal and popularity from those people who have had an opportunity to use them."
Hardy has launched the 'Shuttle' under the Hardys brand for its Shiraz and Chardonnay varietals.
The packaging was originally developed for the Australian season of the Cirque de Soleil circus show. The concept is being introduced state-by-state as part of the national tour of the latest Cirque du Soleil production, Varekai.
The 'Shuttle' will be stocked in limited quantities in some Australian states through selected on-trade and retail outlets at around A$4.95 (US$3.88).
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World