AUS: Hardy strikes beer distribution deal - report
Hardy Wine Company has found a premium beer to distribute as it attempts to tap Australia's growing thirst for boutique brews.
The Constellation Brands-owned company has struck a distribution deal with Western Australia's Gage Roads Brewing Co.
"We've found a brewer, an Australian brewer, a craft brewer, that we believe will deliver the consumer a unique craft beer that will have a premium feel about it and a premium taste," Hardy Australian trading manager Brian de Mamiel told the Asia Pulse news agency today (31 July).
In the 1990s, Hardy used to distribute brands owned by beer makers Coopers Brewery and J. Boag & Sons.
Gage Roads beers are produced at Australia's largest independent craft brewery. The company's managing director, Peter Nolin, said: "Gage Roads was expanding into the Eastern states market under a self-distribution strategy, but we kept hearing from the trade that Hardy is the best in the business."
Crown Imports has unveiled its first US television advertisement for Modelo-owned beer brand Pacifico....
Norwegian wine and spirits group Arcus is mulling a takeover bid for Sweden's V&S Group, just-drinks can reveal....
Constellation Brands' Hardy Wine Company is expecting the poor Australian weather to reduce output this year by around 20%....
Constellation Brands has lowered its full-year earnings per share forecast on the back of revenue and margin pressures in the UK....
The US beer distribution joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands is to include the St. Pauli Girl and Tsingtao beer brands in its portfolio....
New Zealand wine producer Giesen Wines has invested NZ$3.5m (US$2.4m) on expanding its Blenheim winery and setting up a bottling plant in Christchurch....
Vincor Canada has secured a sponsorship deal with the country's Olympic and Paralympic Winter games in 2010....
The Swedish government has confirmed that it is planning to sell off V&S Group, the owner of Absolut vodka. The centre-right government, which came to power in September, officially announced today (1...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research