AUS: Hardy sells winery to landscaping firm
Hardy Wine Company, the Australian arm of Constellation Brands, has sold its Kamberra winery in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT).
The sale includes the Kamberra wine and tourism complex, Weetangera vineyard and the Kamberra and Meeting Place wine brands. The sale follows a review of Constellation's Australian operations, announced in August.
"We are pleased the sale includes the purchase of all our assets in the region as a going concern; an outcome that is in the best interest of both businesses, our employees and the wine industry in the ACT," said Hardy managing director David Woods.
The sale, for which a price has not been disclosed, is expected to complete on 1 May. The buyer is the Elvin Group, a privately-owned company with interests in concrete mixing and landscaping.
Given how many times the position of chief executive of Constellation Europe has changed hands recently, and the problems the company has faced in the crucial UK market, the more cynical observers mig...
Echo Falls has introduced two additions to its portfolio in the UK....
Crown Imports has promoted its vice president of national accounts to the position of senior vice president....
E&J Gallo has switched distributors in Sweden....
Baarsma Wine Group Holding and Constellation Europe are to strengthen their working relationship from the start of October, with a distribution deal that will see the Benelux distributor take on a lar...
Crown Imports has appointed a new vice president of marketing....
The UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has said it has cleared the completed joint venture between Constellation Brands Inc and Punch Taverns PLC....
Constellation Brands board of directors has voted in a new CEO....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends