AUSTRALIA: Hardy hints at German acquisition
The Australian wine giant BRL Hardy suggested today that it may invest in a large German distribution company as a means to drive sales in that country. In an interview on Dow Jones newwires, BRL Hardy Managing Director Stephen Millar said the company has a shortlist of potential candidates, however, it will probably be a couple of years before a deal is secured. He said a possible scenario was a 15% stake in a distributor with "real clout".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport