AUS: Hardy brings Effen Vodka to Australia
The Hardy Wine Company is set to introduce a new vodka to Australia.
The Constellation Brands-owned company said today (12 September) that it will launch Effen Vodka in the country this month. The brand, which will launch in original and black cherry flavours, is owned by Planet 10 Spirits, a joint venture between Constellation's Barton Brands and Chicago-based jstar Brands.
"The vodka category continues to flourish in Australia and with an innovative brand like Effen Vodka, we are looking forward to sharing it with a new breed of vodka aficionados," said Hardy's CEO David Woods.
"The growth of Effen Vodka in the US has been so rapid, we could not wait any longer to expand our presence to international markets," added Planet 10's CEO Jon Deitelbaum. "Our partnership with Hardy Wine Company makes it possible for vodka drinkers and bar-goers worldwide to fall in love with Effen Vodka's incredibly smooth and clean taste."
Effen will be available in the Australian off-trade for RRP A$49.99 (US$37.66) per 700ml bottle. The brand will also be served in selected on-trade premises.
Earlier this year, Planet 10 secured sponsorship for Effen of a car in the Indianapolis 500 race. The Effen Vodka Team Leader Special was driven by Indianapolis 500 veteran Stephan Gregoire.
If prime target consumers for international spirits in China have as much difficulty telling whisky from Cognac as a recent report suggests, marketers may have to up their game to reap the rewards the...
Drinks Americas Holdings has secured a product placement deal with a Hollywood film company....
Gaymer Cider Company has lined up a new look and promotional campaign for its Gaymers original cider in the UK....
The brother of Jimi Hendrix has countered claims that his company is illegally using the singer's name on its Hendrix Electric vodka....
Constellation Brands appears to have backed out of the race to buy Absolut vodka....
Pernod Ricard has reported a 20% leap in underlying first-half profits thanks to a strong performance from its spirits brands....
Central European Distribution Corporation has set out its stall for 2007....
US alcohol distributor Glazer's has appointed a president for its Texas operations....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends