DENMARK: Harboes Bryggeri profits up despite sales slip
Harboes Bryggeri has re-affirmed its full year guidance after seeing a first quarter of growth in pre-tax profits, despite a fall in turnover.
The Danish brewer said earlier this week that it had achieved first quarter profit before tax of DKK20.5m (US$3.92m). This compared to DKK15.6m in the same period last year.
Net turnover fell, however, to DKK413.8m from DKK 431.6m.
Profit after tax was up, reaching DKK15.9m from DKK11.4m, whilst operating profit also grew to DKK20.4m from DKK17.1m.
Harboes confirmed its full-year outlook of a pre-tax profit of between DKK55m and DKK65m.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future