US: Hansen's launches vitamin mixes
Hansen Beverage Co. has launched Fizzit, a line of vitamin and mineral supplements.
The US energy drinks group said yesterday (28 March) that Fizzit would be sold in boxes containing 24 packets available in three flavours - lemon & lime, strawberry and green tea. The range will also be available in a box containing eight packets of each flavour.
In addition, Fizzit has three functional formulas: a raspberry-flavoured Joint Formula, an orange-flavoured Immune Support Formula and a cranberry-flavoured Women's Health Formula.
"Most people don't like taking vitamins and other supplements in the form of pills," said Tom Davis, PhD, technical director for Hansen. "Fizzit gives people a convenient and better-tasting way to get their daily dose of vitamins and minerals."
Fizzit contains 1000mg of Vitamin C from seven mineral ascorbates, which is the equivalent of eight glasses of orange juice, and includes 32 mineral complexes and B vitamins. Adults can take 1-3 packets daily, Hansen said.
The suggested retail price for Fizzit vitamin and mineral formulas is US$7.99 a box. The functional formulas will sell for US$9.99 a box.
Sectors: Soft drinks
The functional drinks sector remains something of a niche market in Eastern Europe but there is clearly growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, assesses the state o...
Functional drinks have been a growth area of the US soft drinks market since the late-1990s. Roger Dilworth reports on the development of the sector and current brand activity....
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The global energy drinks market registered a healthy rise in sales last year, according to recent figures....
Hansen Natural Corporation today announced it is launching three new energy drinks: Monster Energy Khaos in 16oz cans; Lost Five-0 in 16oz cans; and Lost Perfect 10 in 16oz cans....
With the introduction of Powerade Option, announced this week, Coca-Cola hopes to challenge PepsiCo's hold on the sports drink market....
Coca-Cola has launched a low-calorie sports drinks called POWERade OPTION, which it hopes will challenge the dominance of rival Gatorade in the sector. The new brand will hit shelves across the US thi...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research