US: Hansen to launch surf energy drink
Hansen Beverage Company has signed a deal to produce an energy drink in the US using the branding of the surf company Lost International.
The drink will be called Lost Energy, and will be produced and distributed by Hensen.
"Hansen's alliance with Lost was a strategic move that instantly put us on the radar of the sceptical, hard-to-reach, Gen-X beverage consumer," Rodney C. Sacks, Hansen's chairman and chief executive officer, said.
The drink is has already launched in Southern California, the initial test market and the company is now moving ahead with plans for a national rollout.
Mark Hall, Hansen's senior vice president, who heads up the new Lost Beverage Company, explained: "We see tremendous opportunity to leverage the equity in the Lost brand. Hansen's already has an extensive national distribution network into which we can plug the Lost Energy brand."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group