US: Hansen sales and profit surge in third quarter
The California-based soft drinks producer Hansen Natural Corporation has reported record sales and profits for the third quarter to the end of September 2005.
The company posted gross sales for the third quarter of US$126.4m, up by 88.3% from US$67.1m in the corresponding period a year earlier. Net sales for the third quarter doubled from US$52.6m to US$105.4m.
Operating income surged from US$9.9m to US$33.6m, an increase of some 238.3%, while net income rose by 249.1% to US$20.2m.
"Our continued exceptional performance reflects the company's growing position in the energy drink market," said Hansen's chairman and CEO, Rodney C. Sacks. Sacks added that demand was continuing to increase for the company's Monster Energy drinks, which include the Lo-Carb Monster Energy, Monster Energy 'Assault' and Monster Energy Khaos brands. All of these products, Sacks said, had contributed significantly to the increase in sales.
However, the sales increase was partially offset by lower sales of smoothies in cans, natural sodas and Hansen's energy and functional drinks, the company said.
Sectors: Soft drinks
The functional drinks sector remains something of a niche market in Eastern Europe but there is clearly growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, assesses the state o...
Functional drinks have been a growth area of the US soft drinks market since the late-1990s. Roger Dilworth reports on the development of the sector and current brand activity....
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The global energy drinks market registered a healthy rise in sales last year, according to recent figures....
Hansen Natural Corporation today announced it is launching three new energy drinks: Monster Energy Khaos in 16oz cans; Lost Five-0 in 16oz cans; and Lost Perfect 10 in 16oz cans....
With the introduction of Powerade Option, announced this week, Coca-Cola hopes to challenge PepsiCo's hold on the sports drink market....
Coca-Cola has launched a low-calorie sports drinks called POWERade OPTION, which it hopes will challenge the dominance of rival Gatorade in the sector. The new brand will hit shelves across the US thi...
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits