US: Hansen reports strong first quarter
US soft drinks group Hansen Natural Corporation has reported strong increases in sales and net income for the first quarter of 2006.
Hansen yesterday (9 May) saw net sales almost double to US$119.7m. Net income more than doubled to US$21.1m.
The company said record sales of its Monster Energy drinks, including the low-carb variants in the range, had contributed to the buoyant showing.
Other strong performers included Monster Energy Khaos energy drinks and Monster Energy Assault energy drinks, while higher volumes of Lost Energy drinks also contributed to the growth.
However, the company added that the strong growth was partly offset by lower sales of Hansen's energy drinks, Joker Mad Energy drinks and Smoothies in cans.
Yesterday, Hansen secured a distribution deal with Anheuser-Busch. The agreement means that certain A-B wholesalers will become distributors of Hansen's portfolio as well as an additional Hansen energy brand to be designated.
Major brewing groups are clamouring to get into India, which, by dint of its young population, expanding economy and rising personal disposable income offers huge growth potential. International group...
Having once produced earnings and revenue growth as regularly as clockwork, US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch stuttered last year. But there are signs that the brewer is quickly regaining its touch, wri...
The decision at Jones Soda Co. to focus on the launch of its canned products next year has hit third-quarter earnings, the US company announced yesterday (1 November)....
Anheuser-Busch has said it hopes to capitalise on the trend for low-carb products in Australia with the launch of Michelob Ultra....
Anheuser-Busch is repeating its offering of limited edition beers for the festive season....
Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo has posted a healthy rise in third-quarter sales and profits....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a 26% jump in third-quarter profits thanks largely to growing international sales....
US company Who's Your Daddy has extended its production base....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets