US: Hansen Natural's Monster demand to continue - analysts
Hansen Natural said that continued strong demand for energy drinks boosted profits in 2010
Demand for Hansen Natural's Monster Energy beverages remains robust, with sales growth for the next two to three years expected in the high single- to low double-digits, according to analysts.
In a research note today (11 April), Stifel Nicolaus analysts said growth should be driven by "favourable US category trends and sustained share gains for Monster, international expansion, and innovation". The analysts lifted their sales and profits growth estimates, but warned of a possible short-term hit from rising costs.
"We update our estimates and now anticipate 2011 EPS of US$2.73 (was $2.76) for higher input costs," the analysts noted. "We lift our 2012 EPS estimate to $3.18 (was $3.15) for stronger sales growth.
"Nearer-term, we estimate 1Q11 EPS of $0.53, approximately 10% above Street consensus, due to continued strong sales growth (we estimate 37.5% y/y sales growth), partly a result of favourable comparisons."
The analysts said they estimate heightened input costs, particularly aluminium, but added that they are "manageable and largely offset by anticipated SG&A expense leverage".
Hansen Natural announced its quarterly and full-year results in February. The firm said that continued strong demand for energy drinks boosted profits in 2010, adding that it had no plans to increase pricing in its energy drinks portfolio, despite pressure from rising commodity costs.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future