US: Hansen launches Green Tea Soda
US soft drinks producer Hansen Beverage Company is looking to capitalise on the popularity of green tea with the launch of Hansen's Green Tea Sodas.
Hansen Beverage Company, part of Hansen Natural Corporation, said the new sodas combine the benefits and taste of green tea with several unique natural flavours. The range comprises lemon mint, tangerine, pomegranate and ginger flavours, with diet versions also available in lemon mint, tangerine and ginger.
They are sold in 4-packs of 16-ounce cans featuring eye-catching graphics, with a suggested retail price of US$2.99 per 4-pack.
"Hansen's is one of the most trusted names in the natural beverage category," said Gregg Arends, vice president of marketing for Hansen Beverage Company. "Hansen's Green Tea Soda will bring retailers the rapid growth of the ready-to-drink tea category combined with the volume potential of the much larger carbonated beverage category."
The beverages contain no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine or sodium, and no sugar, carbohydrate, aspartame or calories. They are sweetened with Splenda, and each can also contains 35mg of the powerful antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG).
Hansen Beverage Company is supporting the launch with a marketing campaign that will include nationwide print advertising, TV product placement, in-store coupon dispensers and sponsorships.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push