GERMANY: Hanover city attempts to block Interbrew acquisition
In an extraordinary turn of events, the German city of Hanover is preparing to file a law suit to stop the Belgian beer giant Interbrew from buying Gilde Brauerei. Interbrew announced a €525m deal on Friday to acquire Brauergilde Hannover, the parent company of the German brewer. Interbrew also offered to buy the 14.6% of Gilde that Brauergilde Hannover did not own, once the first deal had been completed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Bacardi sees North America president step down