GERMANY: Hanover city attempts to block Interbrew acquisition
In an extraordinary turn of events, the German city of Hanover is preparing to file a law suit to stop the Belgian beer giant Interbrew from buying Gilde Brauerei. Interbrew announced a €525m deal on Friday to acquire Brauergilde Hannover, the parent company of the German brewer. Interbrew also offered to buy the 14.6% of Gilde that Brauergilde Hannover did not own, once the first deal had been completed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"