US: Hangover prevention shot launched
Painkillers, caffeine and the 'what makes you bad makes you better' fallacy could be things of the past thanks to a new hangover fix rolling into Las Vegas next week.
Lime Peelerz is a hangover prevention supplement shot, produced by Vegas-based company Cheerz, which can be taken straight or mixed into cocktails. The drink will be launched on Monday at the Mist Bar & Lounge at Treasure Island on Monday (12 December).
The beverage has been tried out at nightclubs and bars across the US and is destined for the high street in the next year.
Cheerz is a natural nutrition supplement that combats headaches, nausea and palpitations by bolstering the body's ability to process acetaldehyde, alcohol's first and most toxic metabolite. In a trial, Cheerz was found to be effective in 78% of participants who consumed eight drinks or more.
Sectors: Soft drinks
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future