Halewood Wines & Spirits rolls out 50cl Tequila Rose bottle in UK
Halewood said the smaller format will roll out in the off-premise
Halewood Wines & Spirits has launched a 50cl bottle for strawberry cream liqueur Tequila Rose.
The smaller format, which will retail for GBP10 (US$13), will roll out in the off-trade only, Halewood said. The regular 70cl bottle will be targeted at the on-trade.
"Tequila Rose's 50cl bottle offers greater convenience for consumers looking to enjoy the brand during social occasions or at home with friends," said Halewood, which handles UK distribution for the McCormick Distilling-owned US brand.
The 15%-abv Tequila Rose is a blend of strawberry cream liqueur and Tequila, aimed at female consumers.
Halewood has upped its focus on the brand in the past few months. In January, it unveiled new bottle packaging with a logo that turns pink when chilled to the correct temperature.
Meanwhile, the company last month said it had acquired a holding in Irish whiskey producer West Cork Distillers, four months after buying a 50% holding in the firm's The Pogues brand.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Altria raises Anheuser-Busch InBev holding
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends