UK: Halewood launches Maguires in UK cider market
Halewood International has launched a new brand into the UK cider market.
The company confirmed today (4 June) that the cider, called Maguires, will be available in two flavours - original and pear.
The 4.5% abv drink will be available in 500ml bottles, and is developed to appeal to 18-34 men and women.
Speaking to just-drinks, Richard Clark, head of marketing at Halewood, said: "We are looking at developing in a number of areas outside our heartland of Lambrini and red Square - One of those areas is cider.
"For me, this isn't a grab and steal approach (to the category). It's a strategic offering for retailers. We're not copying anyone - we have to have a point of difference."
The spirits group recently struck an agreement with Canada's Corby Distilleries securing the UK distribution rights to Lamb's Navy Rum.
Angostura Holdings has made a friendly bid for a major stake in the parent company of rum producer Wray & Nephew....
Skyy Spirits has entered into two distribution deals with the Scotch whisky distiller Morrison Bowmore Distillers Ltd and Compañía Licorera de Nicaragua....
On just-drinks yesterday (14 November) we ran a story with the headline 'Corby Distilleries net profit takes battering in Q1'....
Corby Distilleries has posted a severe slide in net profit for its first quarter....
India is the largest market for Bacardi superior rum, and this success has motivated Bacardi-Martini India to launch Bacardi Apple in Mumbai, to be rolled out nationwide....
The Patrón Spirits Company has acquired the global distribution rights of the Ultimat vodka portfolio from Adamba Imports International....
Two former senior drinks executives have set up a new company in the US and bought a vodka brand. Mark Teasdale, formerly MD of William Grant and Sons North America, and Michael Cheek, who was previou...
Rum producers from French overseas departments (counties) have been given a 50% tax break on excise duty charged on sales within mainland France, stretching until December 2012....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China