UK: Halewood launches Lambrini rosé
Halewood International has expanded its Lambrini range in the UK with the launch of a rosé variant.
The company said today (20 April) that it plans to make a "major push" into the country's on-trade with Lambrini on the back of the rosé launch, as well as targeting the off-trade.
The rosé has an abv of 5.5% and will go on sale in a number of grocery multiples from the end of the month with an RRP of between GBP2.49 (US$3.62) and GBP2.99.
The product is being targeted at 18-30 year old consumers with a strong bias towards women.
Halewood International said it believes the product offers "value for money" coupled with a drink that is "considerably less sweet" than its Lambrini Peach and Cherry variants. The product is semi-sparkling, similar to Lambrini original.
Halewood International's head of innovation, Richard Clark said: "We believe there is a real opportunity to capture a significant slice of the fast growing rosé market and at the same time reinforce the brand's positioning as a 'wine style' drink.
"Lambrini consumers see the brand as 'their wine' and this is the basis of our positioning for the brand. Clearly the launch of a rosé product reinforces that positioning and we are confident we will capture significant share of the summer drinks market," Clark said.
The launch will benefit from a GBP5m marketing support package that Halewood has committed to the overall Lambrini brand including TV, press and a sampling campaign.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review