UK: Halewood International's Crabbie's Ginger Beer brand to sponsor Scottish Open
Halewood International has secured a sponsorship tie-up with the Scottish Open for its Crabbie's Alcoholic Ginger Beer brand.
The company, which has been pushing the brand on UK televisions in recent months, said today (28 June) that Crabbie's will sponsor the golf tournament, which will take place at Loch Lomond between 8 and 11 July. Halewood said it hopes to capitalise on a captive audience of Crabbie’s core target market, which is made up of men aged between 25 and 54 years old.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
“The Crabbie’s brand has a long-standing relationship with golf clubs through its original Crabbie’s Ginger Wine brand,” said Al Cross, brand manager for Crabbie’s at Halewood. “We are continuing to develop this relationship further through the introduction of Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer as a refreshing alternative for every club house.”
Sampling of the brand will be offered at every bar and hospitality area around the Loch Lomond course, while a Crabbie's branded bus will also be situated on the course to take advantage of passing spectators between the greens.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' review of 2010, Olly Wehring takes a look at what made the wine headlines this year....
Our penultimate part of the 2010 review of the year affords our spirits commentator, Richard Woodard, to look back at the last 12 months for his specialised subject....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2010....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces on just-drinks in 2010....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends