UK: Halewood International sponsors BBQ contest
Halewood International has announced that its Caribbean Twist RTD beverage is to sponsor a search for the best BBQ'er in the UK.
Halewood has linked up with the National BBQ Association, which will run the event, and supermarket chain Tesco, which will provide venues for the competition via its Community Fairs programme. A final will take place in London in August.
Caribbean Twist will get in-store point of sale adverts, as well as in media and promotional activity, across the 20 participating Tesco stores, reaching around 500,000 consumers throughout the activity, Halewood said.
The brand is already sponsoring Gastro Alfresco 2009, a 140-date promotional tour of UK supermarkets to promote barbecues and alfresco eating.
The Caribbean Twist range of pre-mixed cocktails has an ABV of 4% and includes Mojito, Pina Colada, Mixed-up Mango, Paradise Punch, Pineapple Daiquiri and Citrus Sling.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review