UK: Halewood International launches Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer in a can
Halewood International has launched Crabbies in a can
Halewood International has launched its Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer brand in a 44cl can multipack.
The 4-pack has an SRP of GBP5.49 and targets 25-50 year old males, Halewood said on Monday (10 September). The new format will expand the brand's potential in a market valued at GBP1.51bn, Halewood said, citing Symphony IRI figures.
Halewood's director of innovation Richard Clark said the canned ale category has huge potential in the UK.
“But it requires new, innovative brands to retain consumer interest, and our new can format should do just that.
“We also believe that the cans are a good platform to attract new consumers who may not have tried the product before and who prefer their beverages in this can format,” he said.
UK supermarket chain, Morrison's, will be the first major multiple to list the product. Halewood has also secured distribution with UK network rail caterer Rail Gourmet. The cans will also be available at football grounds, including Everton and West Bromwich Albion where glass is not allowed.
The launch will be supported by “significant consumer and social media activity”, Halewood said.
In April last year, Halewood released its John Crabbie's Cloudy Ginger Beer in a 50cl PET format in the UK.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK