UK: Halewood International launches Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer in a can
Halewood International has launched Crabbies in a can
Halewood International has launched its Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer brand in a 44cl can multipack.
The 4-pack has an SRP of GBP5.49 and targets 25-50 year old males, Halewood said on Monday (10 September). The new format will expand the brand's potential in a market valued at GBP1.51bn, Halewood said, citing Symphony IRI figures.
Halewood's director of innovation Richard Clark said the canned ale category has huge potential in the UK.
“But it requires new, innovative brands to retain consumer interest, and our new can format should do just that.
“We also believe that the cans are a good platform to attract new consumers who may not have tried the product before and who prefer their beverages in this can format,” he said.
UK supermarket chain, Morrison's, will be the first major multiple to list the product. Halewood has also secured distribution with UK network rail caterer Rail Gourmet. The cans will also be available at football grounds, including Everton and West Bromwich Albion where glass is not allowed.
The launch will be supported by “significant consumer and social media activity”, Halewood said.
In April last year, Halewood released its John Crabbie's Cloudy Ginger Beer in a 50cl PET format in the UK.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Leelex to open Portobello Road gin distillery
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends