UK: Halewood International launches Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer in a can
Halewood International has launched Crabbies in a can
Halewood International has launched its Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer brand in a 44cl can multipack.
The 4-pack has an SRP of GBP5.49 and targets 25-50 year old males, Halewood said on Monday (10 September). The new format will expand the brand's potential in a market valued at GBP1.51bn, Halewood said, citing Symphony IRI figures.
Halewood's director of innovation Richard Clark said the canned ale category has huge potential in the UK.
“But it requires new, innovative brands to retain consumer interest, and our new can format should do just that.
“We also believe that the cans are a good platform to attract new consumers who may not have tried the product before and who prefer their beverages in this can format,” he said.
UK supermarket chain, Morrison's, will be the first major multiple to list the product. Halewood has also secured distribution with UK network rail caterer Rail Gourmet. The cans will also be available at football grounds, including Everton and West Bromwich Albion where glass is not allowed.
The launch will be supported by “significant consumer and social media activity”, Halewood said.
In April last year, Halewood released its John Crabbie's Cloudy Ginger Beer in a 50cl PET format in the UK.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research