UK: Halewood International gives Sidekick long option
Halewood International's Sidekick range
Halewood International has repositioned its Sidekick brand away from its shot-based reputation in the UK.
The drinks producer and distributor said late last week that it will spend around GBP500,000 (US$773,750) in moving Sidekick away from the shot segment, and highlighting how the brand can be consumed as a long drink or in a cocktail.
The repositioning sees the introduction of “Mix’d Your Way” as a new strap line for Sidekick. Point of sale and marketing tools will also work to offer serving suggestions beyond consumption as a shot.
“We are acutely aware of the sensitivity surrounding shot-based products, which is why we launched a 500ml bottle in April 2008,” said Halewood’s brand manager for RTDs and shots, Hannah Blackburn. “This ... is designed to promote the brand as a base for long drinks and the idea behind Mix’d Your Way is to encourage consumers to serve as a long drink in the multiplicity of ways demonstrated in the promotional material.”
Two additional flavours have also been lined up for the brand; Chocolate Orange and Black Cherry. The range will be supported by trade press advertising, point of sale including back bar display units, pourers, bar runners and drip mats.
The Sidekick brand consists of a range of ten flavours available in 500ml bottles with an abv of 14.5%.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch