UK: Halewood develops Stimul8 “aphrodisiac” beverage
Independent drinks manufacturer and distributor Halewood International has developed an energy drink with reputed aphrodisiac properties for men.
Stiumul8, which launched in trade on Monday (1 March), combines eight “uplifting” natural ingredients and will be available in a 60ml plastic bottle format.
Halewood said the product proposition is that it “makes a good night better”.
The launch is a bid to capitalise on the sport and energy drinks market, which was worth more than GBP1.3bn (US$1.95bn) in 2009, according to market research group Datamonitor.
Targeted at adult males, the fruit-flavoured drink contains a mixture of leaves, roots and berries derived from Damiana, Korean Ginseng, Echinacea, Schizandra and Ginkgo Biloba, which Halewood said are renowned for their aphrodisiac properties.
Available in the off-trade, the launch of Stimul8 will be supported by a “six figure” national campaign across radio, press, online, social media and PR.
Richard Clark, head of innovation, said: “With Stimul8, we have created a niche product that will generate intrigue and interest whilst at the same time widespread appeal. This product capitalises on the trend for functional energy drinks and highlights our commitment to ongoing innovation in the soft-drinks category.”
Stimul8 will retail at GBP2.99 per bottle.
Halewood last month launched Red Alert Power Pack, a spin off from its Red Alert energy drink brand.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory