UK: Halewood buys H&A operations
Halewood has acquired the operations through H&A Prestige Packaging. It is anticipated that the company will be integrated with Halewood International, John Halewood's Merseyside-based drinks distributor. Some two thirds of the 150 H&A employees are expected to remain in their jobs.
Administrators were called into H&A after cash flow problems following a failed expansion programme. It was also said to have been hit hard by the downturn in the air travel sector, for which it supplies miniatures, following the September 11 terrorist attacks.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future