UK: Halewood buys H&A operations
Halewood has acquired the operations through H&A Prestige Packaging. It is anticipated that the company will be integrated with Halewood International, John Halewood's Merseyside-based drinks distributor. Some two thirds of the 150 H&A employees are expected to remain in their jobs.
Administrators were called into H&A after cash flow problems following a failed expansion programme. It was also said to have been hit hard by the downturn in the air travel sector, for which it supplies miniatures, following the September 11 terrorist attacks.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report