US: Hakutsuru hands US distribution to Sake One
Hakutsuru Saké Brewery Co has announced it is switching its US distributor.
The Japan-based saké producer said yesterday (1 May) that, from 1 July, its portfolio will be handled by Oregon's Saké One Corp. Hakutsuru's previous importer in the US was Dreyfus Ashby.
Hakutsuru already has links to SakéOne, having acquired a “significant” stake in the group in 2010.
“SakéOne has demonstrated a strong leadership position in the premium US saké market and affords Hakutsuru a new saké 'category-specific' sales approach moving forward," said Kenji Kano, Hakutsuru's president.
Hakutsuru is the world's largest saké brewer and the US's top-selling imported saké, according to the company. Founded in 1743, it is also Japan's top-selling saké and is exported to 45 countries.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends