UK: Hain Celestial acquires Daniels Group
Hain Celestial has confirmed the acquisition of UK chilled foods and juice maker Daniels Group.
The US company has paid around US$230m to Daniels' owner, Singapore foodservice group SATS. The deal, announced today (25 October), follows speculation earlier this month that Hain Celestial was in talks to buy Daniels, which owns the Johnson's Juice Co brand.
Hain Celestial's president and CEO, Irwin Simon, said the deal will help Hain to expand the international presence of both companies' brands. "We will look to expand the distribution of certain Daniels brands throughout the rest of Europe utilising our European-based sales organisation," he said.
Based in Leeds, Daniels owns six facilities in the UK. The company generated sales of around $280m in its last fiscal year.
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets