BRAZIL: Hafil Group eyes US launch with Edge energy drink
Hafil is looking to launch Edge in the US
Brazil’s Hafil Group is in “advanced negotiations with a large US distributor” to enter the American market with Edge, its flagship energy drink brand.
Silvio Honda, Hafil's director, told just-drinks: “We are currently working together to define key states [for product distribution]." Edge, which was launched in Brazil last year, is sold in 269ml cans.
The company is already exporting Edge to Panama and the Caribbean, having started shipments in July.
Honda added: “In the long-term, we wish to be well positioned and well distributed in the US market. We have the ambition to become a global company."
Edge's RRP is "above the average market price" at BRL7 (US$3.10), Honda said.
The company hopes to produce 2m units of Energy with a sales target of at least BRL7m in 2015.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts