FRANCE: H1 sales rise for Vranken-Pommery Monopole
- H1 sales up 9.2% to EUR122.1m (US$164m)
- Champagne sales in six months rise 6.1%
- Rosé wine JV with Castel - Listel - comes into being
The company was boosted by a strong Q1 after a slip in Champagne sales in Q2
Champagne and still wine producer Vranken-Pommery Monopole has reported a 9.2% lift in first-half sales, helped by a strong export performance.
Sales in the six months to the end of the June rose to EUR122.1m (US$164m), compared to EUR111.9 in last year's first half, the Reims-based company said. The group's Champagne sales, which represent 80% of revenues, climbed 6.1% in the period to EUR78.8m.
Rosé wine sales, which account for 20% of sales, were up 7.4%, while "other" brands, including Rozes Port and Terras Do Grifo, saw sales up 21.3% to EUR7.8m.
However, the performance reflected a strong showing in Q1, as Q2 Champagne sales fell by 4.5% to EUR42.2m. Group sales in the second quarter were flat.
Vranken-Pommery said the market is showing “very slight signs of recovery”, with Northern Europe driving sales of its Vranken, Pommery and Heidsieck & Co brands.
Rosé wines also performed well for the group, with “significant” growth on the French market and globally. “The American market, among others, continues to follow a very positive trend, thanks particularly to the Listel and Billette brands,” the firm added.
Vranken-Pommery's joint-venture with fellow French wine group Castel came into being at the end of last month. The two groups have a 50% stake in the company – Listel – which will sell rosé wine around the world. China, Russia and African are among the JV's targets.
France currently represents 60% of Vranken-Pommery's sales, with the rest of Europe accounting for 31%. Non-Europe sales are 8%.
Canadean's "Vranken-Pommery Monopole SA - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
This latest edition of the global market review of Champagne delves into the current situation in 11 main markets, plus some of the smaller and emerging ones. It highlights the issues, trends and futu...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future