US: H1 net loss at Todhunter
Gross profit for the first half was US$13.39m, against a net profit for the first six months of the previous fiscal year of US$14.70m, while net sales fell to US$42.79m, from US$46.81m.
"Although net sales, gross profit and operating income for the six-month period were affected by decreased volume in our bottling operations, our bulk alcohol and vinegar and cooking wine businesses remain stable and our premium brand business grew over 34%," said Todhunter's chairman and CEO, Jay S. Maltby. "At the present time, we fully expect to replace a substantial portion of the decreased bottling volume with business from new and existing customers."
Net sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2003 fell to US$21.82m from US$22.96m. Gross profit for the quarter rose from US$7.14m to US$7.80m, while net income net income US$1.43m, against US$1.73m.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends