NORWAY: H1 beer, soft drink and water sales rise
Beer sales in Norway in the first half of this year rose by 11%, according to figures released today. The association of Norwegian Brewers and Soft Drink Producers (BROM) said that sales for the six-month period reached 117 m litres.
The increase was credited to the price war among Norwegian retailers, BROM said. The price war began in April and led to beer prices of NKK6.5 (US$0.94/€0.77) per bottle. On 23 April, the Directorate for Health and Social Affairs ruled that sales of beer at low prices violated the regulations on alcohol sales in Norway. The authority set a minimum price of NKK8.0 (US$1.16/€0.94) per bottle.
Sales of soft drinks rose by 0.6% year-on-year in the period from January to May to 200.4 m litres, BROM said.
Mineral water sales in the country increased by 20.3% year-on-year in the same period.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future