BRAZIL: Guinness UDV Sells Brazilian Spirits Brands To Campari
Guinness UDV, the beverage alcohol business of Diageo plc, today announced that it has reached an agreement to sell UDV Industria E Comercio Limitada (UDV IC) to Campari. UDVIC is a Brazilian business that produces and markets local brands Dreher, Old Eight and Drurys. The purchase price, which is not material to Diageo, is not disclosed. Jack Keenan, deputy chief executive of Guinness UDV said: "The decision to sell these brands reflects Diageo's strategy of building our global priority brands like Johnnie Walker, J&B and Smirnoff which are driving growth for the business", said Jack Keenan, deputy chief executive of Guinness UDV.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research