BRAZIL: Guinness UDV Sells Brazilian Spirits Brands To Campari
Guinness UDV, the beverage alcohol business of Diageo plc, today announced that it has reached an agreement to sell UDV Industria E Comercio Limitada (UDV IC) to Campari. UDVIC is a Brazilian business that produces and markets local brands Dreher, Old Eight and Drurys. The purchase price, which is not material to Diageo, is not disclosed. Jack Keenan, deputy chief executive of Guinness UDV said: "The decision to sell these brands reflects Diageo's strategy of building our global priority brands like Johnnie Walker, J&B and Smirnoff which are driving growth for the business", said Jack Keenan, deputy chief executive of Guinness UDV.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report