BRAZIL: Guinness UDV Sells Brazilian Spirits Brands To Campari
Guinness UDV, the beverage alcohol business of Diageo plc, today announced that it has reached an agreement to sell UDV Industria E Comercio Limitada (UDV IC) to Campari. UDVIC is a Brazilian business that produces and markets local brands Dreher, Old Eight and Drurys. The purchase price, which is not material to Diageo, is not disclosed. Jack Keenan, deputy chief executive of Guinness UDV said: "The decision to sell these brands reflects Diageo's strategy of building our global priority brands like Johnnie Walker, J&B and Smirnoff which are driving growth for the business", said Jack Keenan, deputy chief executive of Guinness UDV.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research