BRAZIL: Guinness UDV Sells Brazilian Spirits Brands To Campari
Guinness UDV, the beverage alcohol business of Diageo plc, today announced that it has reached an agreement to sell UDV Industria E Comercio Limitada (UDV IC) to Campari. UDVIC is a Brazilian business that produces and markets local brands Dreher, Old Eight and Drurys. The purchase price, which is not material to Diageo, is not disclosed. Jack Keenan, deputy chief executive of Guinness UDV said: "The decision to sell these brands reflects Diageo's strategy of building our global priority brands like Johnnie Walker, J&B and Smirnoff which are driving growth for the business", said Jack Keenan, deputy chief executive of Guinness UDV.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"