UK: Guinness to sponsor rugby premiership
Guinness is to become the new title sponsor of the UK's premiership rugby union competition. The agreement is valued at over £20m and the Zurich Premiership will be renamed at the end of the current season to become The Guinness Premiership for the start of the 2005/2006 season.
Jon Varney, commercial director at Premier Rugby said: "Our partnership with Guinness is an exciting one and we look forward to working together in the coming months. To have a global brand with the stature of Guinness on board is a ringing endorsement of the success and growth of Premiership rugby in England."
Nick Robinson, Guinness marketing director said: "We are delighted to have signed this agreement with Premier Rugby to become title sponsor of The Guinness Premiership, the world's leading domestic rugby union competition, in what is the number two sport in the UK.
"We have a long and happy association with rugby in the UK, and rugby fans will find us a dedicated and responsible sponsor with a passionate and genuine interest in the game. Our aim is to work with the clubs to build excitement around the games themselves to enhance the fans' experience as much as possible."
Sectors: Beer & cider
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
Polmos Bialystok debuted on the Warsaw Stock Exchange this morning, slipping despite heavy demand in its initial public offering....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research