IRELAND: Guinness launches Toucan Brew
The triple-hopped brew will be available in the main urban areas across the Republic of Ireland. It has the same alcohol content as Guinness Draught, uses the same gas mix and settles in the same way with the distinctive creamy head, but the triple-hopping gives a smoother, crisper taste, Diageo said today (18 May).
"The Guinness Brewhouse Series has proved very successful, which is why we are now rolling it out to the main urban centres around the country," said Diageo Ireland marketing director Paul Kelly. "We know that our consumers wanted the opportunity to try different stout brews and the Guinness Brewhouse Series provides them with that choice. There has been a lot of interest in the Guinness Brewhouse Series and now more people will have the opportunity to taste our second brew."
The launch is to be supported by poster, radio and press advertising, and in-pub and PR activity.
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) has had to postpone its plans to publish self-regulatory guidelines on drinks sponsorship because of a failure to find consensus on the subject. Ben ...
Kicking off just-drinks' 2006 harvest reports from northern hemisphere wine regions, Chris Losh takes a look at the contrasting fortunes experienced this year by Spanish and Portuguese wine producers....
Major brewing groups are clamouring to get into India, which, by dint of its young population, expanding economy and rising personal disposable income offers huge growth potential. International group...
The US association of spirits producers The Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) hosted a media buying summit yesterday (15 Nov) which brought together industry leaders to share best practices for respo...
Pyramid Breweries has announced that gross sales for the third quarter of 2006 stood at US$15.8m, a 10% increase on the same quarter last year....
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD), the industry-sponsored social aspects organisation, has been forced to postpone plans to set out specific guidelines on sponsorship after the member...
Systembolaget is enjoying a bumper 2006, with sales volumes continuing to rise....
Diageo has added a new food section to its malt whisky website, as part of its ongoing whisky and dining initiative....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends