CHINA: Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery to raise finance - report
Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery is planning to raise up to CNY2.21bn (US$350m) via a share issue in order to expand capacity in China's growing beer market, according to local reports.
Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery intends to use the funds raised to expand production capacity at its Nanshu brewery in Guangzhou province and its Meizhou brewery in Hunan province, according to local reports, which cited a company filing. The brewer is 24%-owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev.
China's beer market has continued to expand strongly, according to the latest available figures. In October, Tsingtao Brewery said that the country's beer market increased by 8.6% in volume for the first nine months of 2011.
However, concerns about the Chinese economy have grown. In November, SABMiller's joint-venture in the country, China Resources Enterprise, said: "The uncertainties surrounding the global economy have affected consumer sentiment in China, which in turn has put pressure on the Group's consumer goods business in the near term."
For many observers, yesterday's speculation linking Anheuser-Busch InBev to a move for control of Grupo Modelo has come a bit sooner than expected. But, it has always been expected....
A fresh round of speculation has kicked off over whether Anheuser-Busch InBev will finally gets its paws on Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research