HONG KONG: Guangdong says no, Heineken maybe
Guangdong Brewery Holdings has moved to quell speculation that it is in talks about a stake sale. Shares in the company soared by a third yesterday, amid rumours that there may be a possible overseas investment in the firm.
In a telephone interview with Reuters, chairman Ye Xuquan said: "We have no intention to sell our stake to any foreign companies. We have not held any talks at all." Ye also said that the company had no intention of selling a stake before the end of this year or early next year.
Separately, Heineken Asia Pacific Breweries China Pte Ltd, Heineken NV's joint venture with Singapore's Asia Pacific Breweries, said yesterday that it will consider raising its stake in Guangdong "if an additional stake becomes available", a spokeswoman for Heineken said.
"As our CEO said earlier, if an additional stake becomes available, we will consider it," Heineken Asia Pacific spokeswomen Sarah Koh told AFX-Asia. She declined to say, however, if the company is currently in talks over a stake acquisition.
Earlier this year, Heineken Asia Pacific acquired a 21.5% stake in Guangdong Brewery.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research