US: GSV and Wine Group reset merger date
The California winemaker Golden State Vintners (GSV) said today that it expects to close its merger with The Wine Group (TWG) on or about July 12, 2004. GSV previously anticipated to close the deal around the end of June.
The deal will see TWG acquire all of the shares of GSV's common stock at a cash price of US$8.25 per fully diluted share.
In a statement GSV said that it "feels that the revised timing of the closing will accommodate an orderly transition."
The agreement and plan of merger, between The Wine Group LLC, The Wine Group, Inc., Hawk Merger Sub, Inc. and GSV, will remain in effect until July 31, 2004.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends