UK: GSK’s Lucozade Sport secures English football deals
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has signed partnership deals with both Arsenal and Liverpool Football Clubs for Lucozade Sport, a week after tying up a sponsorship agreement with Chelsea FC for the brand.
GSK revealed that the sports beverage will become the official sponsor for Chelsea last week, in an agreement that will last three seasons. In a further announcement yesterday (16 August), the pharmaceutical giant has also now signed a deal that will see Lucozade Sport become the ‘official sports nutrition partner’ for Arsenal and Liverpool football clubs, also for three years.
All teams will have access to the range of 26 Lucozade products for every training session and match day.
Financial details behind the tie-ups were not disclosed.
In June, GSK revealed plans to launch its Lucozade energy drink in the US as the healthcare giant looks to reduce the brand's reliance on the UK market.
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research