UK: GSK to launch fresh Lucozade Sport range
GlaxoSmithKline Nutritional Healthcare is to launch a range of sports nutrition products around its Lucozade Sport drinks brand for the UK market.
The new range includes 35 products and will be supported with a GBP18m (US$27m) marketing investment to drive awareness amongst "mainstream sports and exercise participants", the company said today (16 April).
The full sports nutrition range will be available in grocery, health and fitness, sports retail, high street and on-line channels from May and includes; Lucozade Sport Hydro Active stick packs, Lucozade Sport Body Fuel, Lucozade Sport with Caffeine Boost and Lucozade Sport Recovery.
Also in the range are protein products designed to "help increase strength and muscle mass", available in 330g and 750g tubs, 30g sachets and protein bars.
Caroline Karlstromer, director Lucozade Sport marketing, said: "Lucozade Sport currently holds a 42% share of the total sports drinks and sports nutrition category and our new sports nutrition range presents an excellent category growth opportunity.
"The range builds on our expertise in the sports drinks category, and will benefit from consumer confidence in the Lucozade Sport brand, which has strong appeal and awareness amongst sports and exercise participants from elite to grass root level."
The marketing investment will include ATL, press, experiential, direct marketing as well as PR and on-line.
Sectors: Soft drinks
As the attacks on the soft drinks and bottled water industries grow increasingly vocal around the world, companies in the two categories have looked to products offering whatever the consumer wants. M...
The Coca-Cola Co posted a healthy 16% lift in first half net profits this week, ahead of PepsiCo's 2% drop. Michelle Russell examines the fortunes of the two rivals....
Plano-based PepsiCo reported what it described as a "solid" profit performance in its third quarter of 2009 yesterday (8 October), beating analyst expectations....
PepsiCo, the US soft drinks giant, will report its third quarter results on Thursday (8 October)....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages