UK: GSK rolls out Lucozade extension
GlaxoSmithKline is to launch a flavour extension to its leading energy drink, Lucozade Energy. The flavour variant, Lucozade Energy Wild Berry, will be available from the beginning of March this year.
Henry Dummer, customer marketing controller, convenience, GlaxoSmithKline, said: "Lucozade Energy Wild Berry is set to create a buzz within the cold drinks market and drive penetration. Research shows that Wild Berry is not only very well received by current Lucozade Energy drinkers but will also bring new consumers in to the brand, researching as the number one flavour choice for new users. Retailers should stock Wild Berry alongside the rest of the Lucozade Energy range (Original, Orange, Citrus Clear, Lemon and Tropical) to generate incremental sales."
GlaxoSmithKline will be supporting the new flavour with a £1.5m outdoor campaign. The variant will also be backed as part of the £30m overall brand support package for 2004.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Tsingtao Brewery issues profits warning
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends