UK: GSK prepares Lucozade Sport portfolio swap
GlaxoSmithKline has lined up two flavour additions to its Lucozade Sport energy drink line.
The company said yesterday (29 March) that it will release Lucozade Sport Raspberry and Lucozade Sport Tropical in the UK from early next month. The two flavours will replace the existing mixed berry and lemon flavours in the country.
Lucozade Sport is backed by a GBP10m (US$19.57m) media spend in 2007, with just under GBP1m being spent to support the launch of raspberry and tropical, the company said. From May to July, the brand will be the subject of a nationwide sampling campaign aimed at football fans and over 300,000 runners competing in events across the country.
"By refreshing the Lucozade Sport range with two new flavours that have excelled in consumer taste tests, we're helping retailers to give their business the edge," said Rachel Ellard, Lucozade's sport senior brand manager. "April marks the start of seasonal sales within the sports drink market, so retailers should ensure they stock up now on the all new 2007 Lucozade Sport range - Orange, Raspberry, Tropical and Mixed Citrus - to ensure they can satisfy consumer demand."
The two flavours will be available in 500ml bottles and 4 x 500ml multi-packs.
Although a small sector in volume terms, the energy drinks category punches above its weight in the global soft drinks market in value, and has outpaced market growth for many years. While the rate of...
The Coca-Cola Co. has lined up an addition to its Odwalla juice brand in the US....
The Planet Smoothie chain and Pepsi subsidiary South Beach Beverage are set to collaborate on a line of energy smoothies in the US....
National Beverage Corp. has reported that rises in raw material costs and discontinued lines affected Q1 results....
The American Beverage Association has declared that it spent almost US$200,000 lobbying the federal government in the US in the first half of this year....
Thai Beverage has posted a drop in Q2 net profit due to recent marketing expenses, but has secured a bank loan to cover costs for the year....
Boo Koo Beverages has merged with Captech Financial Group and also reported recent shifts in management....
The drinks industry has come under attack in the US for supposedly using energy drinks to mask the effect of alcohol....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report