UK: GSK launches Ribena summer promotion
GlaxoSmithKline has launched an on-pack promotion for its Ribena squash brand this summer.
The 'Have a Field Day' on-pack promotion will appear on all Ribena in-home squash and tetra-pack formats from May, said GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) today (22 April).
The promotion allows consumers to collect between one and four tokens per purchase, which can be redeemed for prizes linked to fun days out, including kites, juggling balls, cricket sets and skittles.
The promotion is being supported by a GBP5m (US$7.2m) communications campaign, which includes outdoor, radio and press advertising, as well as full in-store activation. There will also be an online presence at Ribena.co.uk where consumers can enter the promotion.
Lucinda West, brand manager for Ribena, said: "Ribena is enjoyed by consumers of all ages, and this promotion will reinforce the brand's relevance to families by providing prizes that they can enjoy together. We expect the promotion to be particularly popular with mums in the approach to the summer holidays."
The 'Have a Field Day' promotion will run across Ribena 600ml Squash, 1L Squash, 2L Squash and Tetra Pak 200ml four and ten packs.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China