UK: GSK launches GBP1.4m Ribena push
GlaxoSmithKline is to launch a new on-pack promotion for its Ribena brand. The company said the drive would look to re-enforce the message that 95% of all the UK's blackcurrants go into making Ribena.
The instant win promotion, called "95% chance to win the best of British prizes", will appear on special packs of the brand from the beginning of March. As the tagline suggests the offer gives Ribena drinkers a 95% chance of winning.
The top prize is a Mini Cooper convertible. Other prizes include tickets to the V-festival and the unique opportunity to win and grow their very own Ribena blackcurrant bush.
Anne MacCaig, category marketing director, Ribena, GlaxoSmithKline, said: "We captured the hearts of the British public with the airing last year of a new Ribena ad campaign which focused on the 95%-of-all-blackcurrants message and the quality cues of the brand. The objective of the on-pack promotion is to take that message to the next level and at the same time to offer consumers an excellent chance of winning prizes that are intrinsically British.
"GlaxoSmithKline has a proven track record of running successful Ribena on-pack promotions. Most notable was the Ribena 'Win a donkey' promotion in 2004, which resulted in the sale of almost 100m promotional packs; generated an incremental GBP6m in retail sales; and attracted new users to the brand," she said.
The promotion will run across the entire Ribena pack range and be supported by a bespoke GBP1.4m media campaign, including national radio advertising throughout March. The promotion will also benefit from a dedicated PR campaign and online support on the brand's website www.ribena.co.uk.
MacCaig said: "Our communication strategy for Ribena and the 95% promotion is to ensure that consumers are constantly surrounded by the message. Our aim is to 'be where they are', to target them throughout their daily routine. We'll talk to them via the radio on their way to work; when reading magazines and newspapers in their tea break; when watching the TV in the evening; and also when they're online."
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends