UK: GSK gives Lucozade campaign energetic push
GlaxoSmithKline is spending GBP8m (US$16m) on a marketing push for its Lucozade energy drink brand.
The company said yesterday (16 April) that the 'Get Your Edge Back' initiative, which includes outdoor, radio, online and off-trade advertising, gets underway this month.
The spend will also include a "14-week experiential campaign targeting over 300,000 physical workers" across the UK as well as reach out to consumers who would like to claim a free bottle via text or e-coupon.
Lucozade Energy brand manager Lucy Fuggle said: "In 2008 we are pledging to help Britons everywhere overcome energy lulls instantly with a free bottle of Lucozade Energy. The 'Edge Pledge' is an exciting and bold campaign that will reaffirm our position as the UK's number one energy drink. Backed by a total GBP8m brand spend, we are confident the 'Edge Pledge' campaign will drive unprecedented consumer demand for Lucozade Energy, increasing sales and boosting profits for our customers."
Lucozade Energy is available in flavours including: Original, Orange, Apple, Lemon, Wild Berry and Tropical, the company added.
Coca-Cola's distribution deal with Hansen Natural may best be summed up with the old catchphrase, 'if you can't beat them, join them'....
Hansen Natural has warned that it will take a hefty charge following this week's announcement that it has secured a distribution deal with The Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Enterprises....
Bisleri International has confirmed plans to invest around US$75m in the expansion of its Indian footprint to the tune of one factory a month for the next two years....
French food and drink giant Groupe Danone has drawn up a short list of possible buyers for its Frucor Beverages business in Australia and New Zealand....
Hansen Natural, owner of popular energy drink Monster, has refused to comment on whether it had entered talks with Coca-Cola....
Energy drinks should carry warning labels about the amount of caffeine they contain, a team of scientists in the US has said....
Soft drinks group AG Barr has said that growth from its core Irn-Bru brand and a new partnership with Rockstar Energy boosted sales in its first half....
Shares in Hansen Natural have leapt in price following reports that the beverage group is in talks with Coca-COla over a possible distribution agreement....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends