Gruppo Montenegro to handle Casa Cuervo brands in Italy
Gruppo Montenegro will handle Jose Cuervo in Italy
Bushmills Irish whiskey owner Casa Cuervo has signed a distribution deal with Gruppo Montenegro in Italy.
Gruppo Montenegro, which owns the Amaro Montenegro and Vecchia Romagna brandy brands, will handle Bushmills, Jose Cuervo Tequila, The Kraken Black Spiced Rum and Boodles British Gin in the market. The agreement starts on 1 July.
"Distribution of this portfolio represents a great opportunity as well as an exciting challenge for our group, as we strive to make full use of the growth potential of these great brands," said Marco Ferrari, CEO of Gruppo Montenegro. "We're confident that our distribution and strategic capabilities will allow us to seize on all opportunities".
Gruppo Montenegro said the deal would help the company consolidate its leadership in the Italian market, "especially in the highly strategic premium on-premise channel".
It was not immediately clear who previously handled distribution of the Casa Cuervo brands in the Italian market.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends